Thursday, December 3, 2020

HELLO, WORLD

I've being playing TTRPGs since my early teens but only started hacking/desinging when I became my group GM/MC/Moderator... some years ago. And I must say, it's SO MUCH FUN, both moderating and designing. 

After some years, toying here and there with ideas, this year I decided to make things happen, even in small steps. Done is better than perfect. That's why i started with a personal logo.

I wanted to create something that reflected what I believe are quintessential for games to be fun. For me, games are the best they can be when two factor stand out: depth and lightness.

Depth is the ability to create more with less material, to feel part of the world without reading lots of pages of setting. Allow some empty space, so it can receive meaning - Jared Sinclair (abridged version)

Lightness is when the rules are easy to remember and apply, when they're simple and versatile enough to make the game work without overburdening any player with lots of things to remember. 

With these in my mind, I took my rusty skills to make the following logo. 
 

I'm proud of it, not exactly by it's quality, after all i'm not even close of being a graphic designer. 
My pride revolves around that I wanted to create games and now that feeling has a face, it's an entity.  From this point on, i'll give it the best body i can with the best games I can make.

Anyway, I hope people enjoy reading what I say here and have fun playing the games I make, as much as I have a great time writing those.

Let's go, people! It's show time!

No comments:

Post a Comment